Guidelines & Expectations
- Relationships with students and families are our highest priority.
- Continued emphasis on deep thinking, growth towards competency, and our Vision of the Graduate.
- Being flexible, as we “learn how to learn” in an online learning environment.
- Maintain a Google Classroom for each class they teach.
- Competency aligned content that students can access (readings, videos, podcasts, or teacher-created materials, structured opportunities for student reflection or discussion posts).
- At least one formative assessments/assignments which will be entered into Powerschool.
- Students should be able to complete these at their own pace within a given timeframe you create.
- Be available online for weekly posted "office hours". Some of this time will be used for live instruction for whole class or small groups, class discussion, feedback sessions, or individual conferencing using Google Meet or Google Hangouts.
- In addition to weekly modules, plan larger projects/summative assessments as needed.
- Monitor progress and provide feedback for students. If students are not engaging in learning, make initial outreach to families. If, at the end of a given week, a student has not submitted assignments or been in touch with a teacher, complete an outreach needed form Hillside Outreach Form and a staff member will follow up.
- Collaborate with colleagues as necessary to ensure common experiences. Coaches may schedule meetings during common prep periods, or other times that are convenient for the group.
Special Services Personnel will….
- Provide individual student support as needed.
- Will be part of our outreach team to help support families and ensure students are engaged in learning
- Schedule and conduct PPT's and 504 meetings (This is on hold per CSDE for time being)
- Conduct counseling sessions as part of their regular case load (phones and online methods will be used)
Paras and Math and Reading Assistants will...
- Join all Google Classrooms that they normally support students in
- Under the direction of certified staff, will engage in small group feedback session or provide online instruction and support
Students that have internet access:
- Begin each day by checking their Google Classrooms for any communications.
- Complete all assigned content learning by the assigned due date.
- Contact their teacher if and when they need support through Google Classroom.
- To the best of their ability, plan to be available and take advantage of live instructional hours for each class throughout the week (see schedule). Use this time to connect with teachers and classmates, receive support on the weekly module or long-term projects, and get feedback on your learning.
- Students are not expected to necessarily be in front of the computer during the entire time of their class period. Students can work at their own pace or at a time that works best for their families, but these set times are when students and families can expect their teachers and peers to be online and engaging in the class content.
- Adhere to classroom charters & expectations for online learning.
Students that do not have internet access:
- Students will complete the week one assignments that were sent home with their belongings and Chromebooks on Friday, March 20th.
- Alternative arrangements will be made for students without regular internet access; we will be calling families to verify internet access in the coming days.
Daily Schedule Template (Full Day - Morning through Bedtime)
Humanities, Math, Science, Art, PE, Music, Health, Lib Media - Approximately 3 hours a day for school
Lunch, Dinner, Family Chores, Exercise, Free Choice Time
Daily Schedule Template (School Work Time Only)
My Daily Schedule
- What subjects do I want/need to work on today? Reading Humanities Math Science Specials
My teacher’s Office Hours:
Humanities: Stem: Specials: Other:
If you get stuck, you can complete this box, so you know what you need help with when you meet with a teacher or para.
Weekly Schedule Template
Day and Times of Google Meets and/or appointments I have this week: